Barrelhouse Blend Avocado Asparagus Soup Recipe
A creamy avocado asparagus soup without adding the calories of cream!
- 2 Tablespoons of oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped roughly
- 4 garlic cloves
- Bunch of asparagus (your hand should just barely fit around it)
- 3 ½ cups (28 oz) broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
2 teaspoons BOOTLEG Barrelhouse Blend
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Rinse asparagus and chop 1-2 inches off base to remove toughest part. Microwave or steam for 5-7 minutes to soften, then cut roughly into 1 inch pieces. Set aside the top ½ inch of the asparagus and chop finely for garnish.
2. Add oil to pot and saute onions and garlic. Cook until onions are transparent approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add steamed asparagus pieces and broth to the pot. Bring to a boil and then remove from burner.
4. If you have a hand immersion blender, add avocado, lime juice and Barrelhouse Blend to pot and blend directly in pot. If not, transfer onion and asparagus mixture to a free-standing blender and add the remaining ingredients. Puree until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Top with a spoonful of Greek yogurt or sour cream, chopped cilantro, a drizzle of lime juice and finely chopped asparagus tops.
Want more recipe inspiration? Check out other BOOTLEG spice recipes.