Barrelhouse Blend Pinto Beans Recipe
- 3-15.5 oz cans Pinto Beans
- 6 Slices bacon chopped
- 1-14.5 oz can Fire-Roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1-3 green chilies; seeds and veins removed; minced (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves; minced
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbs. BOOTLEG Barrelhouse Blend
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro; chopped divided equally
Place a large, heavy bottom pot on the stove, heat over medium heat.
Chop the bacon, or use kitchen shears to make small pieces and brown in the heated pot for about 3 minutes, just as it begins to render fat and start to cook.
Add the chopped onion, stir well and often with the bacon until the onions begin to cook and deepen in color, about 6 minutes.
Add the garlic and green chili, stir constantly so the garlic doesn't burn, but does brown and everything becomes aromatic,
Add the canned tomatoes with juices
Add the beans and liquid, half of the chopped cilantro, Barrelhouse Blend, and bay leaf (s).
Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Garnish with remaining cilantro
Want more recipe inspiration? Check out other BOOTLEG spice recipes.