BOOTLEG Beef Jerky Recipe
Beef Jerky, BOOTLEG style! Our preference is thicker, chewy beef jerky that bends, not breaks. Add Outlaw Surf & Turf seasoning to the recipe for a unique flavor profile. For a little delayed heat, add Rum Runner 6.
2.5 lbs. ground lean beef (no more than 10% fat)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
2 tablespoons Outlaw Surf & Turf
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Instacure #1 pink curing salt
1/8 cup water
For a spicier jerky, add in 1.5 tablespoons Rum Runner 6
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, then add ground beef. Mix until well blended.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Use jerky gun or roll out strips between wax paper to 1/4" thickness.
- Cut and place in dehydrator.
- Follow your dehydrator instructions for correct temperature/time instructions for meat. For BOOTLEG jerky, we stop the dehydrating process when the jerky bends, but does not break.
The jerky will last in the refrigerator for approx. 1 week and in the freezer for approx. 3 months.
Want more recipe inspiration? Check out other BOOTLEG spice recipes.