Loaded BOOTLEG Baked Potato Soup
1 12 oz. Package Bacon
1 TBS. BOOTLEG Speakeasy Seasoned Salt
1 ½ cups Onion
6 cups Chicken Stock
4 cups Half and Half
2 lbs. Russet Potatoes
2 ½ cups Cheddar Cheese
8 oz. Sour Cream
1 TBS. Tabasco Sauce
1 Stick Butter
½ cup Flour
1 TBS. Black Pepper
- Chop up bacon and brown in a pan. Set bacon aside and reserve grease in the pan.
- Peel and chop potatoes. Place in stockpot or dutch oven with chicken stock and on medium heat. Bring to boil, then turn down heat to simmer.
- At the same time, saute onions in bacon grease until translucent. Add to potatoes.
- Add pepper, salt and Tabasco to potatoes.
- While potatoes are simmering, add butter and flour to pan and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add 2 cups Half and Half to flour and batter and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to potatoes and the last 2 cups of Half and Half cream.
- Add all but ⅛ cup bacon to soup.
- Add 2 cups cheddar and all but ⅛ cup green onions.
- Add sour cream mix and let cook until potatoes are soft.
- Use the rest of the bacon, green onions, and cheddar cheese to garnish bowls when serving.
Want more recipe inspiration? Check out other BOOTLEG spice recipes.